Night of the Living Dead
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$5.95 Sale ends Dec 6|
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 38 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: April 16, 2002
- Originally Released: 1968
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Duane Jones & Judith O'Dea|
|Performer:||Russell Streiner, William Hinzman, Marilyn Eastman, Karl Hardman, Keith Wayne, Judith Reilly & Bill Hinzman|
|Directed by||George A. Romero|
|Screenwriting by||John A. Russo & George A. Romero|
|Produced by||Karl Hardman & Russell W. Streiner|
|Director of Photography:||George A. Romero|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
Description by OLDIES.com:
George Romero's horror masterpiece opens as radiation fallout from an aborted rocket launch turns corpses into mindless zombies. Soon the countryside is crowded with wandering monsters looking to satisfy their insatiable hunger for human flesh. The tension builds as the number of seemingly unstoppable zombies and their helpless victims grows. The terror is all-consuming as the film ruthlessly hurtles towards its shattering conclusion.
- Theatrical release: October 1, 1968.
- Filmed in 1964 in the countryside around Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD was added to the Library of Congress National Film Registry in 1999.
- NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD was director George Romero's first feature film.
- NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD produced two sequels, DAWN OF THE DEAD (1978) and DAY OF THE DEAD (1985); one remake, NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (1990); and countless imitations.
- William Hinzman, who appeared as the Cemetery Zombie at the beginning of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, also served as cinematographer on Romero's THE CRAZIES.
- The film was made for $114,000.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 246569 ratings.
Yes this is a Master-peice!, by the one and only George A. Romero! Every horror fan should own a copy of this movie, and even if your not..I can guarante that you will love this film!..if not..ummmm..give it to someone who will appreciate it!
I am writing this on the day Dawn of the Dead (2004) is to be released.
George Romero's grizzly creation which was originaly released with an X rating (X rating in 1968 did not necessarily mean pron), which was refused by countless theaters, which should have been by all accounts dead and buried has risen from countless graves over the last 25 years.
If you intend to see the sequel this week, or if by the time you read this it is on "The Late Night Creature Feature", please get Night of the Living Dead and wacth where it all began.
There are jillion or so fan sites all over the internet
Also I want to add that every distributer alive has released a copy of this film. I have two other copies by different houses and I belive the Alpha Video to be superior. I do not work for them or have any knoweldge of what goes on over there when we are not looking but I suspect that this was digitized from an original Beta master.
Thanks for staying up late..
Big P. Dixon
- Sales Rank: 18,237
- UPC: 089218301796
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item