All I Want for Christmas
How far would you go to make a wish come true?
|You Save:||$9.01 (60% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
sku: LMTB 26884D
- Rated: G
- Run Time: 1 hours, 32 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 5, 2004
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Paramount
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - English
- Dolby Digital Surround - English
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Access
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Thora Birch, Ethan Embry, Harley Jane Kozak & Jamey Sheridan|
|Performer:||Lauren Bacall, Kevin Nealon, Andrea Martin & Leslie Nielsen|
|Directed by||Robert Lieberman|
|Edited by||Peter E. Berger & Dean Goodhill|
|Screenwriting by||Thom Eberhardt & Richard Kramer|
|Composition by||Bruce Broughton|
|Produced by||Marykay Powell|
|Director of Photography:||Robbie Greenberg|
...Lauren Bacall is magnificent...
Sight and Sound
Rating: 2/5 -- For the few lucky youngsters out there whose lives so far have not been touched by divorce, this movie may stir up illegitimate (or, at least, unnecessary worries). Such realism in an otherwise fantasy-based tale makes for an awkward combination. Full Review
When it comes to yuletide cheer, All I Want for Christmas ranks just under dead reindeer on the roof. Full Review
...The two children have genuine spunk...
Los Angeles Times
What makes the film so nauseating is not that it's badly acted or made, but that its motives are presented with such sledgehammer subtlety that even the youngest children would feel insulted by it. Full Review
Rating: 0.5/4 -- All I want for Christmas is to never see All I Want for Christmas again. Full Review
Rating: 0/5 -- ...is a break from trash like this. Just awful!
Miracle on 34th Street this ain't. Full Review
When a child wants to bring her divorced parents back together for the holidays, she asks Santa for help. Her brother and grandmother devise a plan to make her wish come true.
Seven-year-old Hallie and 13-year-old Ethan have one wish for Christmas: to get their divorced parents back together. They figure if they can only get them in the same place on Christmas Eve, everything will work out, mom will dump her stuffy boyfriend, and dad will reasonably explain why he left his lucrative Wall Street career to manage a diner. The children enlist the Macy's Santa and their grandmother to help the process along.
- Color by Technicolor; shot in Panavision.
- Film was put into production at the behest of Brandon Tartikoff, then the newly appointed head of Paramount Pictures. When the film did poorly both critically and at the box office, Tartikoff, who had formerly worked only in TV, was lambasted for having the wrong sensibility for film. Not too long after, he left Paramount.
- Additional credits: Wayne Massarelli (makeup for Lauren Bacall), Jim Scribner (Santa Claus makeup for Leslie Nielson), and Elle Elliott (hair for Lauren Bacall).
Good Old Summertime: 33 Hot Sunny Gems For Your Summer... TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$7.70 CD Sale