|SUPER SAVINGS:||$13.10 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.89 (13% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-5 business days
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 47 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 12, 2008
- Originally Released: 1967
- Label: Sony Pictures
- 2-Disc Set
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English - Closed Captioned
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Tom Brokaw
- Quincy Jones
- Karen Kramer
- Steven Spielberg
- "A Love Story of Today"
- "A Special Kind of Love"
- "Stanley Kramer: A Man's Search For Truth"
- "2007 PGA Stanley Kramer Award Presentation to Al Gore"
- "Stanley Kramer Accepts the Irving Thalberg Award"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Spencer Tracy, Sidney Poitier & Katharine Hepburn|
|Performer:||Katharine Houghton, Isabel Sanford, Cecil Kellaway, Roy Glenn, Beah Richards & Virginia Christine|
|Directed by||Stanley Kramer|
|Edited by||Robert C. Jones|
|Screenwriting by||William Rose|
|Produced by||Stanley Kramer|
|Director of Photography:||Sam Leavitt|
Academy Awards 1967 - Best Actress: Katharine Hepburn
Academy Awards 1967 - Best Original Screenplay: William Rose
Rating: 2.5/4 -- ...an appealing premise that's employed to watchable (if entirely uneven) effect by filmmaker Stanley Kramer... Full Review
Reel Film Reviews
Rating: 4/4 -- It would be easy to tear the plot to shreds and catch Kramer in the act of copping out. But why? On its own terms, this film is a joy to see, an evening of superb entertainment. Full Review
Rating: 6/10 -- ...rather tame and superficial by today's standards: a gentle, sentimental comedy on the subject of interracial marriage. Full Review
Examines its subject matter with perception, depth, insight, humor and feeling Full Review
A disaster on all counts -- its time, if it ever had one, has definitely passed. Full Review
4 stars out of 5 -- [O]verall a compassionate and often funny argument that all you need is love.
Hepburn's extraordinary commitment to Tracy still sears the screen.
A liberal white couple (Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy, in Tracy's last appearance) put their platitudes to the test. They always taught their daughter (Katharine Houghton, Hepburn's niece) that all people are created equal, regardless of race or religion... until she unexpectedly brings home a black doctor (Poitier) and announces that they're engaged. Academy Award Nominations: 10, including Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor--Spencer Tracy.
Classic | Race Relations | Romance | Recommended | Parenthood | Theatrical Release | Essential Cinema
- Shot in Technicolor on location in San Francisco, California.
- Actor Spencer Tracy's last film.
- Katharine Hepburn won her second Oscar for her portrayal of Christina Drayton.
- Feature film debut for actress Katharine Houghton, Katharine Hepburn's niece.
- Song "Glory of Love" sung by Jacqueline Fontaine.
- Additional cast: Barbara Randolph (Dorothy), John Hudkins (Cab Driver), Alexandra Hay (Car Hop), Skip Martin (Delivery Boy), Grace Gaynor (Judith), and Tom Heaton (Peter).
Dr. Strangelove Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love... (DVD)
$12.60 Super Savings
- Sales Rank: 24,240
- UPC: 043396211001
- Shipping Weight: 0.20/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item