The Hard + The Heavy Volume 1
by Various Artists
Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
|You Save:||$2.01 (29% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: November 23, 1999
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Redline Records
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 2.I Am the Bullgod - Kid Rock (Licursi Live Mix)
- 3.Gimme Danger - Monster Magnet
- 4.Son of X-51 - Powerman 5000
- 5.Black - Sevendust
- 6.Bad Blood - Ministry
- 7.Over the Edge - Fu Manchu
- 8.Avon - Queens of the Stone Age
- 9.Hollywood - P.O.D.
- 10.Stuck Between a Rock and a White Face - One Minute Silence
- 11.Edgecrusher - Fear Factory (Urban Assault Mix)
- 12.From This Day - Machine Head
- 13.Fake - Puya
- 14.Choke - Sepultura
- 15.Under the Surface - Neurosis (edited version)
- 16.I Am the Dog - Nevermore
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Counterfeit - Limp Bizkit (Lethal Dose Extreme Guitar Mix)
- 2.Living Dead Girl - Rob Zombie (Naked Exorcism Mix)
- 3.Big Truck - Coal Chamber ('97 Remix, '97 remix)
- 4.Raw - Staind
- 5.Spit It Out - Slipknot
- 6.Wisconsin Death Trip - Static-X
- 7.Anarchy in the U.K. - Megadeth
- 8.When You Lie - Orange 9mm
- 9.Ty Jonathan Down - Videodrone
- 10.Detached - Spineshank
- 11.Eye for an Eye - Soulfly
- 12.Isolation - Grip Inc.
- 13.Overnight Sensation - Mot"rhead
- 14.Breathe Out - Nothingface
- 15.Divinity - Amorphis
Producers include: Rhys Fulber, Fear Factory, Ross Robinson, Jay Gordon, Jay Baumgardner.
Audio Mixer: Joe Barresi.
THE HARD AND THE HEAVY, VOLUME ONE boasts an ensemble of today's cutting-edge metal acts. Rap-metal, thrash, grind-core, industrial, and speed-metal are equally represented, showing the diversity and development of legitimate sub-genres within heavy metal.
An alternate mix of "I Am the Bullgod" sets the tone with Kid Rock's gangster-pimp bravado in full motion. The futuristic and genre-crossing Powerman 5000 is at no loss for creativity, layering danceable rhythms with synth bass and crunching guitars. Sevendust brings its Living Color-meets-Pantera grind into the pit with a tightly executed live version of "Black." Industrial purveyors Fear Factory aren't afraid to use keyboards to add alarming atmosphere to "Edgecrusher." Limp Bizkit's hard-edged hip-hop is anything but fake on a guitar-drenched remix of "Counterfeit." Rob Zombie ventures into techno with impressive results on "Living Dead Girl." The hidden gem of THE HARD AND THE HEAVY, however, is Megadeth's cover of the Sex Pistol's "Anarchy in the U.K." Though it seems like a surprising choice (considering that it was recorded in the '80s), the track stands on its own merits nonetheless. For metal enthusiasts whose tastes cross the gamut of styles, THE HARD AND THE HEAVY is required listening.
Real Wild Child: 50 Original Hit Recordings by the Original... TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$4.98 on Sale
I'm a Man of Constant Sorrow: Vintage Versions of Songs...
$4.98 on Sale