|SUPER SAVINGS:||$13.40 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.59 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-5 business days
Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 53 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 22, 2009
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Paramount
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Commentary by Larry Nemecek & Ira Steven Behr
- Tom Morga: alien stuntman
- To be or not to be: klingons & Shakespeare
- Starfleet Academy: praxis
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Dolby True HD 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||William Shatner & Leonard Nimoy|
|Performer:||DeForest Kelley, James Doohan, Walter Koenig, Nichelle Nichols, George Takei, Kim Cattrall, David Warner, Christopher Plummer, Iman & Michael Dorn|
|Directed by||Nicholas Meyer|
|Created by||Gene Roddenberry|
Meyer keeps his camera hopping and the production has a dark, atmospheric sheen that persistently suggest mystery and danger. Not the best of the series, but a suitable farewell. Full Review
It's time to let TV's "The Next Generation" take over for good. Full Review
Rating: 4/5 -- The principals' enthusiasm for their material has never seemed to fade. If anything, that enthusiasm grows more appealingly nutty with time.
New York Times
...As lively a tale as any Trekkie might want....One more fanciful chapter to this story...
New York Times
Star Trek VI goes nowhere. Through all its Confucian sayings, its United States-Soviet Union metaphor and its Shakespeare samplings, it tries to be sophisticated and witty but only achieves talkiness. Full Review
Rating: A -- It's at once gripping, humorous, emotional, and immensely satisfying. An appropriate and fitting farewell to the finest crew in the fleet. Full Review
There are weaknesses here--especially when the climax becomes too packed and chaotic, and the goodby over-hasty. But Meyer and Flynn get a fullness back into the characters. Full Review
Los Angeles Times
In STAR TREK VI - THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY, the cold war between the Federation and the Klingons thaws out when the leader of the crumbling alien empire makes a peace offering. Admiral Kirk (Willliam Shatner) and the crew are quickly sent to escort the Klingon ruler to treaty talks, but they unknowingly stumble into the middle of a political assassination--and soon Kirk and Dr. McCoy (DeForest Kelley) are framed for the dignitary's murder. Sent off to a frozen gulag planet, the two plot their escape while Spock (Leonard Nimoy) and the rest of the old gang try to find out who the real killer is. The future of the intergalactic peace movement depends on their success.
Adventure | Aliens | Enemies | Classic | Science-Fiction | Space Exploration | Assassination | Recommended | Space Opera | Theatrical Release | Sci-Fi / Horror / Fantasy | Assassins | Space Travel | Space | Spaceships | Star Trek
- The Paramount Home Video version of "Star Trek V!" features two minutes of footage not included in the theatrical version.
- Color by Technicolor; shot in Panavision. Dolby spectral recording.
- Estimated budget $27.5 million.
- Locations included Alaska, and Los Angeles, California. The second unit shot the sequences filmed in Alaska.
- Dedicated to Gene Roddenberry.
- One of the film's advertising tag-lines was: "The battle for peace has begun."
- Reportedly, this will be the last "Star Trek" movie featuring the cast of the original television series. The next "Star Trek" films will feature the stars of "Star Trek: The Next Generation".
- Christian Slater has an uncredited cameo in the film. His mother, Mary Jo Slater, was the casting director for "Star Trek VI".
- The laserdisc version of "Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country" received Laser Video File's award for Best Sound, in their Second Annual Consumer Laser Disc Awards competition (1993).
- Available to buy in the UK.
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (Director's Cut) (Blu-ray)
$13.30 Super Savings
Star Trek - Jean-Luc Picard's Make it Soap - Body Soap
$3.98 Super Savings
Star Trek - Captain Kirk - Movie Select: Action Figure
$23.99 Super Savings