9 to 5
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 50 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: April 21, 2009
- Originally Released: 1980
- Label: 20Th Century Fox
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Surround - French, Spanish
- Dolby Surround 5.1 - English
- DTS 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - English, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Deleted Scenes: (10)
- Audio Commentary Bruce Gilbert - Producer, Jane Fonda, Dolly Parton, Dabney Coleman - Stars
- Outtakes: Gag Reel
- Behind the Scenes: Inside Look
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- "Nine @ 25"
- "Remembering Collin Higgins"
- Karaoke - Singing Nine to Five Karaoke
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Lily Tomlin, Jane Fonda & Dolly Parton|
|Performer:||Dabney Coleman, Sterling Hayden & Elizabeth Wilson|
|Directed by||Colin Higgins|
|Screenwriting by||Colin Higgins & Patricia Resnick|
|Composition by||Charles Fox|
|Produced by||Bruce Gilbert|
|Director of Photography:||Reynaldo Villalobos|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"I'll change you from a rooster to a hen with one shot."
- Doralee Rhodes (Dolly Parton) to Franklin Hart (Dabney Coleman)
Although it can probably be argued that Patricia Resnick and director Colin Higgins' script [from a story by Resnick] at times borders on the inane, the bottom line is that this picture is a lot of fun. Full Review
Despite an excellent and promising cast, this Hollywood attempt at a mainstream feminist comedy is flabby and bland. Full Review
The three women shine together as co-stars, although I was partial to Lily Tomlin's Violet. Full Review
In this perfectly plotted paean to overworked, under-estimated, sexually harassed secretaries, the Fonda-Tomlin-Parton chemistry is divine... -- Grade: A
This is one of the most delightful films of the year. It's an entertaining movie with a social and political point to make about office politics. Full Review
The three stars are in fine fettle, with Parton especially appealing in her film debut.
This is a conventional comedy in the style of the films shot in the 1940s, with the same plot and identical characters, but, unfortunately, lesser actors. [Full Review in Spanish] Full Review
El Pais (Spain)
9 TO 5 is the much-loved revenge comedy about three female office workers (the terrific trio of Lily Tomlin, Jane Fonda, and Dolly Parton) in a giant corporation who are subjected to the indignity of a chauvinist boss (played marvelously by Dabney Coleman). They entertain wild fantasies to get even through a series of outrageous incidents. When the film first came to theaters in 1980, it was a huge hit not just because of the quality of the film but because of the subject matter of women being treated fairly in the workplace. Dolly Parton's theme song was nominated for an Academy Award.
Three working women, one a hyperefficient office manager, one a frazzled divorcée, and the last a sexy executive secretary, combine forces to take revenge against their sleazy, sexist boss.
Kidnapping And Missing Persons | Vengeance | Social Issues | Recommended | Big Business | Theatrical Release | Essential Cinema
- The film featured the motion-picture debut of country singer-songwriter Dolly Parton, who said, "I figured that if it was a success, I could take some of the credit, but if it was a failure, it would all be Jane and Lily's fault."
- A television series based on the movie aired on the ABC network from March 1982 to October 1983. It starred Rita Moreno as Violet Newstead, Rachel Dennison (Parton's sister) as Doralee Rhodes, and Valerie Curtin as Judy Bernly. Franklin Hart was played by Jeffrey Tambor in the spring of 1982 and then Peter Bonerz in fall of 1983. In 1986 the series was resurrected for syndication, minus Moreno.
Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful... TOP 10 Bestseller
$5.95 BLACK FRIDAY
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up... TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
$2.98 BLACK FRIDAY
Redneck Zombies (20th Anniversary Ed.) (DVD + CD Soundtrack) TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
$3.98 BLACK FRIDAY