|SUPER SAVINGS:||$8.40 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.60 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-4 business days
- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 43 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 2, 2004
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital Stereo 2.0 - French
- Dolby Surround - English
- DTS Surround 5.1 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Deleted Scenes
- Audio Commentary: Richard Linklater - Director
- 1976 Flashbacks
- Mock Film on the Dangers of Drugs
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Jason London, Wiley Wiggins & Matthew McConaughey|
|Performer:||Sasha Jensen, Rory Cochrane, Joey Lauren Adams, Parker Posey, Sasha Jenson, Adam Goldberg, Anthony Rapp, Michelle Burke, Marissa Ribisi, Shawn Andrews, Cole Hauser, Milla Jovovich, Christin Hinojosa, Jason O. Smith, Deena Martin, Nicky Katt, Catherine Morris, Esteban Powell, Jeremy Fox, Mark Vandermeulen & Ben Affleck|
|Directed by||Richard Linklater|
|Edited by||Sandra Adair|
|Screenwriting by||Richard Linklater|
|Produced by||Sean Daniel, Anne Walker-McBay & James Jacks|
|Director of Photography:||Lee Daniel|
Rating: 4/5 -- Dazed and Confused has an enjoyably playful spirit, one that amply compensates for its lack of structure.
New York Times
The teenage wasteland, 1976-style, of Dazed and Confused is smack-dab between The Brady Bunch and Children of the Damned , and it's a scary, if sometimes giddily amusing, place to visit. Full Review
A better-than-average teen movie but not much more, at least if you aren't a member of Linklater's generation. Full Review
...DAZED AND CONFUSED unfolds in a loose, natural style that suits its teenage characters....Enjoyably playful spirit...
New York Times
Bet it makes you wanna dance. Full Review
Ranked #9 in Entertainment Weekly's 10 Favorite Films of the '90s - ...The freest, most graceful comedy of American teenage life ever made...
Richard Linklater's DAZED AND CONFUSED takes a hysterical, nostalgic cross-clique look at high school social development. On the last day of school in May 1976, students at a suburban Texas high school wait, lackadaisically, for classes to end. The restless almost-seniors--an eclectic group of stone-heads, fraternal jocks, and snobby sorority girls--can't wait to haze the incoming freshman, an annual event as harrowing for freshman boys as it is humiliating for girls. Amidst this teenage wasteland of drugs, partying, and rock and roll is football star Pink (Jason London), who saves scrawny pre-frosh Mitch (Wiley Wiggins) from being paddled to oblivion by upper-classmates. But Pink has his own battles: he's struggling over the head coach's demand that football players sign a pledge to abstain from sex and all psychoactive substances. When a wild end-of-the-year party is cancelled, the students end up congregating at a beer-blast in the back woods, organized by aging hang-about Wooderson (Matthew McConaughey). In the same way that George Lucas assembled a cast of fresh young faces for AMERICAN GRAFFITI, Linklater here creates an unforgettable cast of characters that are immediately familiar to anyone who has ever been through high school.
Friends | Coming Of Age | Teenage | Recommended | Independent | Theatrical Release | Teenagers | 1970s | High School Students | High School Experiences | Essential Cinema
- Theatrical Release: September 23, 1993.
- The movie was filmed on location in Texas, with the cast and crew living in a hotel.
- Linklater's 1991 directorial debut film, SLACKER, is similar to DAZED AND CONFUSED in its examination of adolescent nonconformity. The film pays homage to earlier teen angst films. Direct allusions are made to CARRIE and AMERICAN GRAFFITI, the latter of which seems to have served as a thematic and artistic template for DAZED AND CONFUSED.
- According the Wall Street Journal, the Hollywood studio had to pull advertisements for the film because drug references violated Motion Picture Association of America's guidelines. Gramercy Pictures president Russell Schwartz claims the MPAA has cracked down on films that are drug related.
- The early marketing campaign for DAZED AND CONFUSED included suggestive slogans: "See It with a Bud," and "The Film Everybody's Toking About." But the MPAA's objections were directed at the line: "Finally! A Movie for Everyone Who DID Inhale," a satirical comment on Bill Clinton's infamous line about youthful marijuana smoking.
DAZED AND CONFUSED cost approximately $6 million dollars to produce and was given the same name as a 1969 Led Zeppelin song.
- Renee Zellwegger appears uncredited as a high school student who attracts the attention of Wooderson (Matthew McConaughey).
- "Martha Washington was a hip, hip, hip, hip lady..."--Slater (Rory Cochrane)
- "That's what I love about high school girls: I get older, they stay the same age."--Wooderson
- "That's what I'm talkin' about!"--Slater
Fast Times at Ridgemont High (Criterion Collection)...
$34.50 Super Savings
Fast Times at Ridgemont High (Criterion Collection) (2-DVD)
$26.10 Super Savings
- Sales Rank: 45,165
- UPC: 025192544828
- Shipping Weight: 0.15/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2-DVD) TOP 10 Bestseller
$6 Super Savings