|You Save:||$1.30 (13% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Rated: PG-13
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 36 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 17, 1998
- Originally Released: 1989
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- (unspecified) - English, Spanish, French
- Subtitles - English, Spanish, French - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Selection
- Interactive Menus
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||John Travolta & Kirstie Alley|
|Performer:||George Segal, Olympia Dukakis, Don S. Davis, Twink Caplan & Abe Vigoda|
|Directed by||Amy Heckerling|
|Edited by||Debra Chiate|
|Screenwriting by||Amy Heckerling|
|Composition by||David Kitay|
|Produced by||Jonathan D. Krane|
|Director of Photography:||Thomas Del Ruth|
Rating: 1/4 -- Cute is the operative word for the movie, which stars some good actors doing material that is not super.
New York Times
It would certainly be a nice change to see a modem single mom as a film hero, but Mikey, even before birth, is the hero of Look Who's Talking. Full Review
...Travolta seems to be enjoying himself; he's loose, spontaneous...
This flabby comedy ... deserves only one thing: to fall on its fat one.
Rating: 3/5 -- A stale idea that actually works, largely due to the capable cast
This is a great idea for a sketch, not a feature, and if Heckerling had resisted padding it out, it might have made a brilliant short. A comedy can ride only so far on high concept. It has to deliver the jokes, and this one doesn't. Full Review
Rating: 2.5/4 -- Forgettable and innocuous... Full Review
Reel Film Reviews
A single mother in her mid-30's (Kirstie Alley) sets out to find a proper father for her son. Baby Mikey is determined to make his opinion on the subject known through his actions--he favors an engaging cab driver turned baby sitter (John Travolta). But by the time he learns to talk, it may be too late.
An accountant becomes pregnant by her married boyfriend who then refuses to leave his wife and assume responsibility for the child. Left to her own devices, the expectant mother is befriended by the warm-hearted cab driver who races her to the hospital during labor. He quickly falls in love with both her and her precocious infant who comments on the action (including his own birth) omnisciently in the wise-cracking voice of Bruce Willis. Still pining over her businessman ex-boyfriend, the accountant at first refuses the attentions of the cabbie, until, gradually, she begins to see him as more than just a babysitter.
- Shot on location in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Color by Alpha Cine; prints by Technicolor.
- Began shooting May 25, 1988; completed shooting July, 1988.
- Released theatrically in the USA October 13, 1989.
- Released on video April 11, 1990.
- The role of Mikey was played by four different babies: Jason Schaller, Jaryd Waterhouse, Jacob Haines and Christoper Aydon.
- In the French version the Voice of Mikey was done by actor Daniel Auteuil.
- Amy Heckerling was the director of the teen movie "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" which introduced Jennifer Jason Leigh and Sean Penn to the screen.
- Estimated budget $8.5 million.
- Rated BBFC 12 by the British Board of Film Classification.
Harlem Double Feature: Junction 88 (1947) / The Black King...
$5.95 Spring Sale
The Slowest Gun in the West (1960) / Fair Play (1972)
$5.95 Spring Sale
Jerry Lewis Triple Feature (Don't Raise the Bridge, Lower...
$8.98 Spring Sale