The Sea Wolves
The Last Charge of the Calcutta Light Horse
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$12.10 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.88 (19% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 2 hours
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: April 25, 2006
- Originally Released: 1980
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Surround Stereo 2.0 English
- Stereo 2S English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Gregory Peck, David Niven & Roger Moore|
|Performer:||Patrick Macnee, Patrick Allen & Trevor Howard|
|Directed by||Andrew V. McLaglen|
|Music by||Roy Budd|
Rating: C+ -- A workmanlike film told in a non-flashy, straightforward way, featuring an all-star cast. Full Review
Laramie Movie Scope
An adventure melodrama filled with seat-riveting action. An all-star cast brings this picture to life.
During World War II, a military regiment made up of elderly soldiers embarks on a dangerous mission to destroy a Nazi ship containing a radio transmitter. The men of the Calcutta Light Horse have been recruited for the assignment by British intelligence officers Colonel Lewis Pugh and Captain Gavin Stewart. After receiving training, the troops head off to attack their target, which is located in a Goa, India harbor. But to accomplish their goal, the soldiers must first steal a boat and ferret out a spy. Will this ragtag bunch of fighters have what it takes to pull off their complex operation'
- Shot on location in India. Color by Eastmancolor.
- Released theatrically in New York City June 5, 1981.
- Composer Richard Addinsell's "Warsaw Concerto" is used as background music.
- Additional cast: Mark Zuber (Ram Das Gupta), Morgan Sheppard (Lovecroft), Edward Dentith (Lumsdaine), Clifford Earl (Sloane), Robert Hoffmann (U-Boat Captain), and Dan Van Husen (First Officer).
- Rated BBFC A by the British Board of Film Censors.
WWII - Hellions of War: Rare Propaganda Films of World War...
$5.95 on Sale