Heart and Souls (Blu-ray)
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$11.60 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.39 (27% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-4 business days
Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Released: June 21, 2022
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: Nbc Universal
- Encoding: Region [unknown]
...[The cast] settles into a relaxed groove early on and never overplays...
...Downey is an amazingly pliant performer, and Elisabeth Shue is radiant...
When four nice people die the night a boy is born, they become guardian angel-like ghosts visible only to the boy. When it seems they are interfering with his life they withdraw, but when he needs their help as an adult they come back to help him -- and maybe he can help them fulfill their own unfulfilled lives.
Yuppie Thomas Reilly, a lawyer who specializes in bankruptcies, gets a lesson in decency in this film about the supernatural. Reilly's teachers are the four victims of a bus accident that occurred moments before his birth in 1959. Made responsible for his spiritual well-being, the quartet take an active role in Reilly's childhood; they then disappear until he becomes an adult who's desperately in need of their wisdom once again. In return for their guidance, Reilly must help each of his guardian angels accomplish the "one thing" they wish they'd done during their lives.
- Copyright 1993 Universal City Studios, Inc.
- Film is dedicated to Line Producer/UPM Dirk Petersmann.
- Shot in Panavision on location in San Francisco, San Bernadino, and Riverside, California.
- Co-produced by Stampede Productions.
- Clip from "The Donna Show," courtesy of Columbia Pictures Television.
- Songs used in the film: "Mr. Hug-A-Bug," lyrics by Brent Maddock, music by Marc Shaiman, performed by Alfre Woodard
- "Walk Like a Man" by Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio, performed by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons.
- "I Only Have Eyes for You" by Al Dubin and Harry Warren, performed by The Flamingos.
- "What'd I Say" by and performed by Ray Charles.
- "Whatever Will Be, Will Be (Que Sera Sera)" by Jay Livingston and Ray Evans, performed by Doris Day.
- "The Thrill Is Gone" by Roy Hawkins & Rick Darnell, performed by B. B. King.
- "My Heart and Soul" by Marc Shaiman, performed by Stephen Bishop.
- "Ah Ci Ben Mio" by Giuseppe Verdi, performed by Franco Corelli.
- Additional credits: Julia Gibson (visual effects producer); Jamie Dixon (visual effects supervisor); Mike Chambers (visual effects coordinator); Steven Gauch (special effects coordinator); James Scribner (makeup artist); JoAnn Stafford Chaney (hairstylist).
The Golden Age of Cartoons: Attack of the 30's Characters -...
$3.98 on Sale