Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Rated: PG-13
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 43 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 4, 2001
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Mgm (Video & Dvd)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital Stereo - French
- Dolby Digital Stereo - Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Jodie Foster - Director
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Holly Hunter, Robert Downey Jr. & Anne Bancroft|
|Performer:||Dylan McDermott, Claire Danes, Charles Durning, Geraldine Chaplin, Steve Guttenberg, Cynthia Stevenson, Johnny Tonini, Shawn Hatosy, Austin Pendleton, Amy Yasbeck, Zack Duhame & David Strathairn|
|Directed by||Jodie Foster|
|Edited by||Lynzee Klingman|
|Screenplay by||W.D. Richter|
|Composition by||Mark Isham|
|Produced by||Jodie Foster & Peggy Rajski|
|Director of Photography:||Lajos Koltai|
|Executive Production by||Stuart Kleinman|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"I can see your roots, Claudia."
- Adele Larson (ANNE BANCROFT) to her daughter, who has just come home to visit.
"So why isn't some man from Japan giving you $63 million for one lousy picture'"
- Adele Larson (ANNE BANCROFT) to her daughter, Claudia (HOLLY HUNTER).
"Who are these people' Where did I even come from'"
- Claudia Larson (HOLLY HUNTER), to herself, speaking about her family.
...Wonderful performances....Refreshingly, this is a film which stretches the definition of family comedy...
Sight and Sound
A modest film (in every sense) which pushes the gags too hard. Full Review
Rating: 5/5 -- Funny, adult look at a dysfunctional holiday. Full Review
Common Sense Media
Single mom Holly Hunter is fired from her job at a Chicago museum on the very day she is due to fly back to Baltimore to cope with nutty parents, loony aunt, wacky gay brother and boring sister. That's it -- that's the plot. Read it and weep. Full Review
Daily Telegraph (UK)
Rating: 4/4 -- Neither caustic nor sentimental, it's a film that maybe half the people on Earth have at one time considered writing. Full Review
San Francisco Chronicle
This has its fair share of laugh out loud moments and a good deal of heart. Full Review
...The script slices under the skin of this bird, pricking the festering tension that surfaces at any clan gathering... -- 3 out of 4 stars
This all-star, all-too-familiar tale revolves around the Thanksgiving turkey that lures a young woman home every year to her typical American family only to be embarrassed all over again by her loony relatives.
It's Thanksgiving, so you know what that means -- dinner with your family, for better or for worse. But Claudia Larson's woes begin right before she flies home: she loses her job, and her teenage daughter swears she will lose her virginity while Claudia is away. And when she arrives at her parents' home, things do not improve, thanks to Claudia's quirky family. This includes her meddling mom, an obnoxious gay brother, her unsmiling, resentful sister, and a very odd, flatulent aunt. The next two days will prove difficult for Claudia, but they will not be without moments of tenderness, caring and love.
- Produced by Jodie Foster's production company, Egg Pictures.
- Color by Technicolor. Shot at the Warner Hollywood Studios in Hollywood, California and Baltimore, Maryland.
- Released theatrically in the USA November 3, 1995.
- Soundtrack Album available on Mercury Records, CDs and Cassettes.
- Other music heard in the film: "Halls of Montezuma," "We Gather Together," "Bicycle Built for Two," "Rocking Horse" performed by Bunny, "Surfin' Bird" performed by The Trashmen, "I Wanna Be Loved By You," and "Free Stylin'."
- Post-production sound facility Skywalker Ranch, Marin, California.
- Copyright 1995 Paramount Pictures.
It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown [Deluxe Ed.] TOP 10 Bestseller
$14.98 BLACK FRIDAY
A Charlie Brown Christmas (50th Anniversary) (2-DVD)
An American Christmas Carol
All Time Holiday Favorites: 25 Original Hits by the...
$5.98 BLACK FRIDAY
Dr. Seuss - "The Grinch & Max" Melamine Mug - 10 oz
$5.99 BLACK FRIDAY
Dr. Seuss - The Grinch Too Late: 2 Piece Plate Set
$5.58 BLACK FRIDAY
Christmas Cartoon Classics (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer...
$5.95 BLACK FRIDAY