Blow-Up (Criterion Collection) (2-DVD)
Michelangelo Antonioni's first British film
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$26.10 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.85 (13% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-4 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Run Time: 1 hours, 51 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 28, 2017
- Originally Released: 1966
- Label: Criterion Collection
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: New pieces about director Michelangelo Antonioni's artistic approach, featuring photography curators Walter Moser and Philippe Garner and art historian David Alan Mellor
- Blow Up of "Blow Up," a 2016 documentary on the making of the film
- Conversation from 2016 between Garner and actor Vanessa Redgrave
- Archival interviews with Antonioni and actors David Hemmings and Jane Birkin
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Subtitles - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||David Hemmings, Sarah Miles & Vanessa Redgrave|
|Performer:||Jane Birkin, Gillian Hills & Peter Bowles|
|Directed by||Michelangelo Antonioni|
|Music by||Herbie Hancock|
|Screenplay by||Michelangelo Antonioni & Tonino Guerra|
|Music Performer:||The Yardbirds|
|Story by||Michelangelo Antonioni|
|Produced by||Carlo Ponti|
|Director of Photography:||Carlo Di Palma|
Cannes 1967 - Palme d'Or
...It's a carefully crafted, intelligent thriller about artist obsession, big-city alienation and winding down of the '60s party scene...
BLOW-UP is as vital today as it was when it was released in 1966.
Rating: 4/4 -- At once provocative and mystifying, dazzlingly immersive and utterly remarkable. Full Review
Rating: 4/4 -- Michelangelo Antonioni's film is an inquiry into the modernist concern of what art is and how it affects life. Full Review
As usual, Antonioni's images have a seductive loveliness. No fashion photographer ever took more glamorous shots, or made London look more inviting. Full Review
[T]here remains an existential chill at the heart of this arthouse mystery.
Sight and Sound
[T]his was the art-house movie of the day.
Michelangelo Antonioni delivers yet another masterful cinematic expose with BLOW UP, a provocative mystery set in the seamy mod culture of London. The film follows a photographer (David Hemmings) who captures evidence of a murder when he takes some innocent snapshots of a couple in the park. As he digs deeper and deeper into the photograph's actual negative in order to unravel the mystery, he also must contend with a seemingly dangerous woman (Vanessa Redgrave) who knows more than she is letting on. Atmospheric, tense, with a refreshing jolt of humor, Antonioni's stylish thriller influenced the work of many of cinema's most celebrated directors, including Francis Ford Coppola's THE CONVERSATION, Brian De Palma's BLOW OUT, and David Lynch's BLUE VELVET.
In Michelangelo Antonioni's controversial first English-speaking film, a well-known, London fashion photographer discovers a murder, while developing the film he secretly took of a couple in a park.
- Color by Metrocolor. Shot in England.
- Italitan director Michelangelo Antonioni's first English-speaking film.
- Premier Productions presentation of a Carlo Ponti production.
- Academy Award Nominations: Best Director, Best (Original) Story and Screenplay.
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2-DVD) TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
$6 Super Savings