No Actual Mothers Were Harmed During The Making Of This Motion Picture.
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 44 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 13, 2001
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Paramount
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case - Sensormatic
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital Surround - English
- Dolby Digital Surround - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Albert Brooks & Debbie Reynolds|
|Performer:||Rob Morrow, Isabel Glasser & Lisa Kudrow|
|Directed by||Albert Brooks|
|Edited by||Harvey Rosenstock|
|Screenwriting by||Monica Johnson & Albert Brooks|
|Composition by||Marc Shaiman|
|Produced by||Barry Berg, Adam Schroeder, Herb Nanas, Scott Rudin & Charles Rosen|
|Director of Photography:||Lajos Koltai|
In its deceptively modest way, this edgily sweet comedy gets closer to the bone of mother-son relationships than many a more solemn opus. Full Review
Rating: 3/4 -- The clash of personalities that ensues produces some truly hilarious moments. Full Review
Rating: 2/5 -- Brooks has always been a second-rate Woody Allen to me. This is a second-rate Brooks' film.
Brooks has created his best work so far. His oddball comedy has sometimes missed the target, but with Mother he has chosen an ancient theme and given it a smart, modern spin. Full Review
...[A] wonderfully edgy mother-son comedy....With terrific performances....See MOTHER for a knockout Debbie Reynolds...
Rating: B -- For the most part its droll humor rubbed me the right way despite its pat facile conclusion and all the product placements. Full Review
Ozus' World Movie Reviews
...Terrifically likable....The best reason to see MOTHER is the deliciously off-kilter performance of Debbie Reynolds...
After his second marriage hits the skids, novelist John Henderson tries to divine the source of his problems with women by moving home and getting to know his mother all over again. The only problem is, she doesn't really want him there. As John tries to figure out why, as he puts it, she hates him, he also has to contend with his jealous younger brother, who can't stand to see him threatening his position as mama's boy. MOTHER is a bittersweet comedy from Albert Brooks, the master of urbane wit. Debbie Reynolds makes her first film appearance in years as Henderson's maddening but loving mother. Listen for the new lyrics to the Simon and Garfunkel song "Mrs. Robinson" in the film, penned by Brooks and coscreenwriter Monica Johnson.
- The film marks Debbie's Reynold's first starring role in a film in almost 30 years. She followed it up with a role in the Kevin Kline coming-out comedy IN AND OUT the following year.
- Lisa Kudrow has a hilarious turn as Henderson's first disastrous date after his divorce.
- Watch for short-lived MELROSE PLACE cast member Vanessa Williams as Kudrow's roommate.
- MOTHER won Best Screenplay prizes from the New York Film Critics and the National Society of Film Critics.
Halloweentown Double Feature (Halloweentown / Halloweentown... (DVD)
$15.20 Super Savings