|You Save:||$7.38 (57% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
sku: XRI 38945D
- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 53 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 25, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Closed Captioned - English
- Dolby Digital Surround Sound 5.1 - English, French (Quebec), Spanish
- Subtitles - English SDH, English, French, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: "B-Roll and Bloopers Video Cast Commentary"
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- "From Location: Joel Silver Reveals HOUSE OF WAX"
- "Wax On: The Design of HOUSE OF WAX"
- "The House Built on Wax: The Visual Effects of HOUSE OF WAX"
- "Alternate Opening: Jennifer Killed"
- Gag Reel
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Chad Michael Murray & Elisha Cuthbert|
|Performer:||Brian Van Holt, Paris Hilton, Jared Padalecki, Jon Abrahams & Robert Ri'chard|
|Directed by||Jaume Collet-Serra|
|Edited by||Joel Negron|
|Screenwriting by||Chad Hayes|
|Composition by||John Ottman|
|Produced by||Joel Silver, Robert Zemeckis & Susan Levin|
|Director of Photography:||Stephen F. Windon|
|Executive Production by||Herb Gains & Bruce Berman|
Not just fun and funny (don't forget, Paris Hilton's in it), but it's also surprisingly frightening. Full Review
Film Journal International
Rating: 2.5/5 -- Apparent kills are left unverified, handy firearms are left untouched, and the group splits up a record four times, ensuring most of these dolts will never see the dawn. Full Review
Comes across like an extended (and violent) episode of Scooby-Doo, and viewing the film as such makes it much more entertaining to watch. Full Review
This Wax's infusion of Paris Hilton and flirty teen sex comedy retreads might have sent original wax maniac Vincent Price into spontaneous meltdown, without the need of heating fluid.
Long Island Press
Rating: 3.5/5 -- ...I think any horror fan would leave this film having had a good time. Full Review
Rating: 2/5 -- full review in Greek Full Review
Movies for the Masses
Rating: 2/4 -- A 2005 review of this picture would've registered more shock from me... Full Review
Film Freak Central
In this remake of the classic 1953 Andre de Toth film that starred Vincent Price, horrors abound in a creepy wax museum. A group of road-tripping Florida teenagers (Elisha Cuthbert, Chad Michael Murray, Paris Hilton, Robert Ri'chard, Jared Padalecki, and Jon Abrahams) stop to camp near a small town where an abandoned wax museum draws their curiosity. Upon exploring the scary cobwebbed space, they find that the figures are not only eerily lifelike, but that the entire museum--floor to ceiling--is actually made of wax. If that wasn't enough to scare them, they encounter a couple of very unsettling characters who seem to be the only people around for miles. One is a blood-splattered redneck who collects roadkill, dumping the bodies of dead deer into a fetid carcass swamp. The other is Bo (Brian Van Holt), a gas station attendant who lures the kids back to his house. Soon, through a series of stomach-turning slasher scenes featuring scissors, long knives, and even a pair of pliers, the teens get to know Bo a whole lot better. They even meet his insane brother Vincent (also played by Van Holt). Brief interludes of teen squabbling and a Hilton strip tease in red lace lingerie temporarily break the tension, but for the most part this HOUSE OF WAX stays the course with shockingly gory moments that earn grosser-than-gross status. Sick predilections involving an experimental surgical station and an elaborate wax-coating machine reveal Vincent's artistic process. But before the bloodbath is over, more twisted secrets about Bo and Vincent bubble to the surface, resulting in a spectacular grand finale and total meltdown.
Description by Warner Home Video:
House of Wax tells the story of a group of friends who fall prey to a sinister plot while passing through a small town on their way to a college football game.
- To help publicize the movie, Paris Hilton did a podcast from the official Warner Bros web site. When asked if she enjoyed her death scene, which involved a massive stake being driven through her skull, she said, "It was one of the coolest death scenes I've ever seen. So, it was an awesome way to die."
Theatrical Release: MAY 6, 2005
House of Wax (1953) / Mystery of the Wax Museum (1933) (DVD)
$12.60 Super Savings
Redneck Zombies (20th Anniversary Ed.) (DVD + CD Soundtrack) TOP 100 Bestseller
$4.98 on Sale