|SUPER SAVINGS:||$8.40 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.60 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-4 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 32 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 12, 2005
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Director's Cut
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo Surround - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Deleted Scenes
- Featurette: IT CAME FROM BALTIMORE
- Audio Commentary: John Waters - Director
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Johnny Depp & Amy Locane|
|Performer:||Susan Tyrrell, Polly Bergen, Iggy Pop, Traci Lords & Ricki Lake|
|Directed by||John Waters|
|Edited by||Janice Hampton|
|Screenwriting by||John Waters|
|Composition by||Patrick Williams|
|Produced by||Rachel Talalay|
|Director of Photography:||David Insley|
|Executive Production by||Jim Abrahams & Brian Grazer|
Rating: 3/4 -- For a while the actors seem intimidated by the '50s references, but the film eventually develops a musical energy that carries the day. Full Review
Rating: 3/5 -- The nostalgic delights in Waters's reform school drool are often more subtle than his other period offering, Hairspray, but it's still a polished debunking of pop culture from the "Pope of Trash". Full Review
Cry-Baby takes digs at Jailhouse Rock in a musical number that Elvis would have loved to do. Full Review
South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Cry-Baby is often sweet-spirited even when its crummy, but there's also something fetid in its foolery. Full Review
Los Angeles Times
Rating: 3/4 -- It all adds up to zany, wide-eyed, quintessential Waters havoc -- the "kinder, gentler" 1990s brand, perhaps. But the genuine article, nonetheless. Full Review
Rating: 2/4 -- If Cry-Baby has a message, it's that Cry-Baby and Allison deserve each other because they're young and they're beautiful, which certainly runs counter to Waters' affection for the grotesque, the bad and the ugly. Full Review
4 stars out of 5 -- [T]his is a triumphant retooling of Waters' trash aesthetic for the multiplex.
Cult director John Waters goes mainstream -- sort of -- in this send-up of 1950s teen melodramas. Heart-throb Johnny Depp stars in the title role as a glamorous delinquent who heads a gang of hoods known as the Drapes. Trouble starts when Cry-Baby falls for a squeaky clean blonde from a rival group, the Squares. Their star-crossed romance sets off a rumble between the warring factions and Cry-Baby ends up doing time in reform school. Chock-full of rock 'n roll and Waters' usual cavalcade of eccentric celebrities, including Patty Hearst, Iggy Pop and former porn star Traci Lords.
Wade is the coolest hood in his high school. His ability to shed a single tear drives all the girls wild, including the beautiful square Allison. Unable to resist, she soon finds herself drawn into his world of fast cars and Rockabilly music.
- Color by DeLuxe.
- Additional cast: Kim McGuire (Hatchet Face) and Darren E. Burrows (Milton).
- Additional song performers: "King Cry Baby," "Doin' Time for Bein' Young," "Teardrops are Falling" and "High School Hell Cats" sung by James Intveld; "Sh-Boom" and "Mr. Sandman" sung by Baldwin/Whiffles; "Teenage Prayer" and Please Mr. Jailer" sung by Rachel Sweet; "Cry Baby" sung by the Honey Sisters; "Nosey Jive" sung by Bullmoose Jackson; "Bad Boy and Cherry" performed by the Jive Bombers; I'm So Young" sung by the Students; "Piddly Patter Patter" sung by Nappy Brown; "I'm a Bad Bad Girl" sung by Little Esther; and "Rubber Biscuit" performed by Chips.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 272185 ratings.
Based on 272185 ratings.
Write an online review to share your thoughts with other customers.
Cry baby Movie Lover: WAZURI HEWITT from BERKELEY, CA US -- August, 24, 2018
Movies from oldies are always great quality. If you like Johnny depp, and musicals, are campy like my family is, you'll love cry baby.
The Three Stooges - The Three Stooges In History (DVD)
$13.10 Super Savings
The Three Stooges - Healthy, Wealthy, and Dumb (DVD)
$12.60 Super Savings