|SUPER SAVINGS:||$13 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.98 (13% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 2, 2004
- Originally Released: 1982
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Dual Layer
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital Mono 2.0 - Spanish
- Dolby Surround - English
- DTS Surround 5.1 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Music Highlights
- Audio Commentary: Amy Heckerling - Director, Cameron Crowe - Screenwriter
- Documentary: RELIVING OUR FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Stills/Photos: HANGOUTS OF RIDGEMONT HIGH: A VIDEO MAP
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Judge Reinhold, Phoebe Cates, Robert Romanus, Sean Penn, Jennifer Jason Leigh & Brian Backer|
|Performer:||Ray Walston, Eric Stoltz, Scott Thomson, Vincent Schiavelli, Amanda Wyss, Kelli Maroney, Anthony Edwards, D.W. Brown, Taylor Negron, Lana Clarkson, Forest Whitaker, Pamela Springsteen & Martin Brest|
|Directed by||Amy Heckerling|
|Edited by||Eric Jenkins|
|Screenwriting by||Jonathan Roberts & Cameron Crowe|
|Screenplay by||Cameron Crowe|
|Composition by||Joe Walsh|
|Story by||Cameron Crowe|
|Produced by||Irving Azoff & Art Linson|
|Director of Photography:||Matthew F. Leonetti|
|Executive Production by||C.O. Erickson|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"I shall serve no fries before their time."
- Brad Hamilton (JUDGE REINHOLD)
"You're the one who told me I was gonna get a boyfriend at the mall."
- Stacy Hamilton (JENNIFER JASON LEIGH) to Linda Barrett (PHOEBE CATES)
"A way of looking at that wave and saying 'Hey, Bud, let's party.'"
- Jeff Spicoli (SEAN PENN) describing what it's like to go surfing
"You're wrong. There's no birthday party for me in here!"
- Jeff Spicoli (SEAN PENN) after being tricked into attending class
Rating: A- -- [VIDEO ESSAY] "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" is a remarkable outlier in the teen movie genre even if tone-deaf critics such as Roger Ebert panned the film upon its released in 1982. Full Review
...All these young actors are relaxed, funny and natural. But the movie's real scene stealer is Sean Penn...
New York Times
...The really good part of FAST TIMES is Sean Penn as a spaced-out, irresponsible surfer....Penn is a joy to watch at work....Similarly, Judge Reinhold is terrific...
Heckerling undercuts the usual teensploitation tropes at every turn. Full Review
Rating: 4/5 -- Teen movie is full of sex, drugs, and misbehavior. Full Review
Common Sense Media
Rating: 9/10 -- Fast Times is a brilliant, funny and often challenging examination of teenage life in the early 1980s. Full Review
Rating: B- -- A cult classic. Full Review
Ozus' World Movie Reviews
Nascent filmmaker and then-Rolling Stone journalist Cameron Crowe went undercover in a southern California high school to document the hilarious hijinx of teens in the 1980s. Director Amy Heckerling turned his book into a classic teen comedy--equal parts sex, stoners, sensitivity, and satire. Many of the young cast--most notably, Sean Penn and Jennifer Jason Leigh--went on to Hollywood fame. A milestone in '80s teen flicks.
This highly appealing teen comedy created a host of new stars -- including Sean Penn -- and features a lively rock music soundtrack. The freewheeling story chronicles the sexual insecurities and adventures of a group of Southern California high school students. These shopping mall regulars experiment with drugs, surfing techniques and various fast-food secret sauce combinations. And in class (when they even go to class!) they wreak havoc -- especially when the pizza delivery arrives...
Buddies | Campus Life | Classic | Teenage | Young Love | Recommended | Theatrical Release | Teenagers | High School Students | High School Experiences | Essential Cinema
- Based on factual articles written by Cameron Crowe, who later turned the stories into a book and then screenplay. Crowe returned to high school as an adult masquerading as a student for a year. This story chronicles his time there.
- Film debuts for actors Eric Stoltz, Anthony Edwards, and Nicolas Cage (who was credited under his real name, Nicolas Coppola).
- Nicolas Cage is the nephew of director Francis Ford Coppola.
- Color by Technicolor.
- The cable television version of the film featured additional footage of Sean Penn. Its soundtrack was also changed.
- This film inspired a TV series, "Fast Times," that was broadcast on the CBS network in 1986. The film's source writer and screenwriter, Cameron Crowe, was creative consultant for the series. Actors Ray Walston and Vincent Schiavelli recreated their roles from the film. Frank Zappa's daughter, Moon Unit Zappa, appeared in the series as Barbara De Vilbiss. The TV theme was written by Danny Elfman and performed by Oingo Boingo.
- Director Martin Brest plays a small part in the film.
- Additional cast: Scott Thomson and Pamela Springsteen.
- Additional credit: Rob Fahey (music, songs).
National Lampoon's Animal House (Double Secret Probation...
$8.40 Super Savings
- Sales Rank: 38,302
- UPC: 025192544521
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Sound of Music (50th Anniversary Ed.) (Blu-ray)
$16.10 Super Savings