|SUPER SAVINGS:||$13 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.98 (13% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-4 business days
- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 2, 2004
- Originally Released: 1982
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Dual Layer
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital Mono 2.0 - Spanish
- Dolby Surround - English
- DTS Surround 5.1 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Music Highlights
- Audio Commentary: Amy Heckerling - Director, Cameron Crowe - Screenwriter
- Documentary: RELIVING OUR FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Stills/Photos: HANGOUTS OF RIDGEMONT HIGH: A VIDEO MAP
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Sean Penn, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Judge Reinhold, Robert Romanus, Brian Backer & Phoebe Cates|
|Performer:||Ray Walston, Eric Stoltz, Scott Thomson, Vincent Schiavelli, Amanda Wyss, Kelli Maroney, Anthony Edwards, D.W. Brown, Taylor Negron, Lana Clarkson & Forest Whitaker|
|Directed by||Amy Heckerling|
|Edited by||Eric Jenkins|
|Screenplay by||Cameron Crowe|
|Story by||Cameron Crowe|
|Produced by||Irving Azoff & Art Linson|
|Director of Photography:||Matthew F. Leonetti|
|Executive Production by||C.O. Erickson|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"I shall serve no fries before their time."
- Brad Hamilton (JUDGE REINHOLD)
"You're the one who told me I was gonna get a boyfriend at the mall."
- Stacy Hamilton (JENNIFER JASON LEIGH) to Linda Barrett (PHOEBE CATES)
"A way of looking at that wave and saying 'Hey, Bud, let's party.'"
- Jeff Spicoli (SEAN PENN) describing what it's like to go surfing
"You're wrong. There's no birthday party for me in here!"
- Jeff Spicoli (SEAN PENN) after being tricked into attending class
With its surface zest complementing melancholy underpinnings, director Amy Heckerling's take on a smart Cameron Crowe script ambushed everyone who expected just another teen comedy.
The nice thing is that Crowe and director Amy Heckerling have provided something pleasant to observe in all of these characters though they really are sadly lacking in anything gripping. Full Review
Lacks the frenzied energy which allowed Porky's to beat all competitors in its field. Full Review
...It's often thought of as the quintessential 1980s teen flick....It portrayed real teens dealing with real issues...
...Lifted by Sean Penn's hugely charismatic, doped-up surfer dude...
[This] reality-inspired testament to the cliques, pitfalls, and accidental hilarity of being a teenager coined most of high-school-movie short-hand...
Director Amy Heckerling has failed to provide the raunch or poignancy that would interest young moviegoers, all of whom have seen American Graffiti and its 467 imitators. Ridgemont High? A nice place to visit, but who would want to transfer there? Full Review
Nascent filmmaker and then-Rolling Stone journalist Cameron Crowe went undercover in a southern California high school to document the hilarious hijinx of teens in the 1980s. Director Amy Heckerling turned his book into a classic teen comedy--equal parts sex, stoners, sensitivity, and satire. Many of the young cast--most notably, Sean Penn and Jennifer Jason Leigh--went on to Hollywood fame. A milestone in '80s teen flicks.
This highly appealing teen comedy created a host of new stars -- including Sean Penn -- and features a lively rock music soundtrack. The freewheeling story chronicles the sexual insecurities and adventures of a group of Southern California high school students. These shopping mall regulars experiment with drugs, surfing techniques and various fast-food secret sauce combinations. And in class (when they even go to class!) they wreak havoc -- especially when the pizza delivery arrives...
Buddies | Campus Life | Classic | Teenage | Young Love | Recommended | Theatrical Release | Teenagers | High School Students | High School Experiences | Essential Cinema
- Based on factual articles written by Cameron Crowe, who later turned the stories into a book and then screenplay. Crowe returned to high school as an adult masquerading as a student for a year. This story chronicles his time there.
- Film debuts for actors Eric Stoltz, Anthony Edwards, and Nicolas Cage (who was credited under his real name, Nicolas Coppola).
- Nicolas Cage is the nephew of director Francis Ford Coppola.
- Color by Technicolor.
- The cable television version of the film featured additional footage of Sean Penn. Its soundtrack was also changed.
- This film inspired a TV series, "Fast Times," that was broadcast on the CBS network in 1986. The film's source writer and screenwriter, Cameron Crowe, was creative consultant for the series. Actors Ray Walston and Vincent Schiavelli recreated their roles from the film. Frank Zappa's daughter, Moon Unit Zappa, appeared in the series as Barbara De Vilbiss. The TV theme was written by Danny Elfman and performed by Oingo Boingo.
- Director Martin Brest plays a small part in the film.
- Additional cast: Scott Thomson and Pamela Springsteen.
- Additional credit: Rob Fahey (music, songs).
Dazed and Confused (Criterion Collection) (Blu-ray)
$34.50 Super Savings
- Sales Rank: 22,394
- UPC: 025192544521
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2-DVD) TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
$6 Super Savings